January 25, 2017
CCPS Hardship and Employee Choice Applications AvailableThrough 4/28
Parents and guardians may complete the hardship application if they choose to request that their child attend a school out of their “assigned” school zone (under the circumstance of a hardship). These requests should meet the stipulations outlined in board policy 09.11 (see below).
1. Transportation shall be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
2. Placement of “grandfathered” students, as well as, all “hardship” applicants shall be re-evaluated at the end of each semester by the building principal for continuation in that school. The evaluation would include the student’s school discipline, attendance and academic records.
3. Hardship shall be granted only when placement does not cause overcrowding in the out-of-zone, class, or program or where desegregation efforts are not adversely affected.
4. If the assigned zone school experiences an unexpected increase in enrollment due to new students moving into that zone, the last hardship student to enroll in that school will be the first students reassigned to another school.
5. Special education students may be assigned to a school as determined by the ARC, provided an exceptionality unity exists at the “hardship” school and/or appropriate resources are available in the “hardship” school.
**After the 2017-18 Hardship or Employee Choice Application is completed and received the Reassignment Committee will review the application and documentation. The Reassignment Committee’s decision will be sent by letter to the parent/guardian.**
EMPLOYEE CHOICE: Parents/guardians who reside in Christian County and are employed not less than half the time by the Board of Education and would like to request their child attend another school in the district.
**IMPORTANT EMPLOYEE INFORMATION: Upon separation of the employee from employment with the Board, the student’s school assignment will continue through the remainder of the school year. Students whose parent/guardian resides outside of Christian County may return to the school and/or district where they reside at the end of the school year. Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.**
Applications should be picked up from the Board of Education from the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. M-F. Completed applications should be returned by the April 28 deadline with required documentation. For more information you may contact the Christian County Board of Education at (270) 887-7000.